Runescape Mapping Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

These forums are for discussing future or current RMT and ZaP projects.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Zoxin It Up! LIVEZoxin It Up! LIVE  

Introducing Forum Achievements!

Go down 
5 posters

What do you think of the new forum system?
Awesomest, secksiest idea evar!!11
Introducing Forum Achievements! Vote_lcap60%Introducing Forum Achievements! Vote_rcap
 60% [ 6 ]
Nice. I can haz achievement?
Introducing Forum Achievements! Vote_lcap10%Introducing Forum Achievements! Vote_rcap
 10% [ 1 ]
Meh. It's all right.
Introducing Forum Achievements! Vote_lcap0%Introducing Forum Achievements! Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
I don't really like it...
Introducing Forum Achievements! Vote_lcap0%Introducing Forum Achievements! Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Epic fail!
Introducing Forum Achievements! Vote_lcap30%Introducing Forum Achievements! Vote_rcap
 30% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 10

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
doompig444
RMT Administrator
RMT Administrator
doompig444

Male Number of posts : 700
Location : In a room where it's nine in the afternoon, aka California.
Position : Team ZaP Primary Modder, Team ZaP Primary Modeler
Humor : Sarcastic.
Member Leetness : 193860
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Introducing Forum Achievements! Empty
PostSubject: Introducing Forum Achievements!   Introducing Forum Achievements! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 7:12 pm

What is a ZaP/RMT Forum Achievement?
If you do something epic that Zoxin and I find funny or achievement-worthy, I'll add the achievement sign into your signature. These signs will have a special "DP444" watermark in the corner. Of course, you could just copy that watermark and make your OWN achievements. But Zoxin and I have full access to your profile, and could easily edit your signature and get rid of the false achievement. Plus, a full list of valid achievements will be in this thread, so you can't get away with it anyways...

I used Technology-Ninja's achievement generator, if you want to know.

How do I get a Forum Achievement?
You can get an achievement simply by:
-Being the first to do something epic on the forums.
-Doing something Zoxin and I find amusing.
-Mailing 50 bucks to both me and Zoxin.

Most of the time, you'll get an achievement without even trying to get one. You just randomly do something and it turns out you were the first on the whole forums to do it, etc. Don't TRY to get an achievement - usually trying too hard actually lessens your chance of getting one. You'll usually get an achievement if someone else mentions it, but you can mention it yourself as well, such as "Look everyone I reached 200 posts first, can I have achievement?" and MAYBE you'll get one. Otherwise, an admin or a fellow member can say "Wow he got 200 posts, he should get an achievement." Admins usually administer the opinion-based achievements, such as something funny someone said.

Why Forum Achievements?
Forum Achievements show status and rank among members. We don't have rep power on these forums, so Achievements are the next best thing. The more achievements you have, and the better/funnier/more desirable your achievements are can show everyone else "Wow, this guy has 3 awesome achievements, he's probably a good member on this forum!"

Can Admins Unlock Achievements?
Yes. Admins can unlock an achievement ONLY if the statement was administered by someone else. Like "Wow Doom, you're the first to reach 100 posts, you should get an achievement for that!"

List of Unlocked Forum Achievements:
-Quoter Numero Uno [50G] Achieved by doompig444 {The first to use a quote on the forums}
-Mulitpager Man [50G] Achieved by Martini-562 {The first to own a thread reaching over 1 page in length}
-Damn right, son. [10G] Achieved by Noxstant. {Provide an inspiring, epic, yet not cheesy and retarded statement that is completely accurate}
-Basically... [30G] Achieved by Martini-562 {The first to reach 20 posts and be promoted to the rank of RMT Basic Member}
-Tubin' It [50G] Achieved by Zoxin {First to use YouTube EMBED video}
-Don't Spoil It [50G] Achieved by Zoxin {First to use spoiler tags}
-In English Please. [20G] Achieved by Noxstant {Confuse me with physics jargon}
-Private Tutor [20G] Achieved by Maarten {Give me two awesome tutorials made just for me}
-Unwelcome Editor [30G] Achieved by doompig444 {Constantly and randomly edit other people's posts and insert my own message into them}
-Pathetic. SYMpathetic. [20G] Achieved by Hells_Mad_Camper {Act "sympathetic" when I'm "crying"}
-Doomed. For life. [50G] Achieved by Manomods {First to be Doomed by doompig444}
-Peacemaker [20G] Achieved by Zoxin {Calm everyone down}
-Out of the Blue... [20G] Achieved by Hells_Mad_Camper {Say something completely random}
-MotM September '08 [50G] Achieved by Maarten {Title should be self explanatory...}
-Passing Judgement [20G] Achieved by RJ00125 {Make a model without any negative criticsm from me}
-Q.E.D.'d [30G] Achieved by HDoan {Prove someone wrong with evidence in an epic manner}
-I'm Like a Lawyer With the Way... [20G] Achieved by HDoan { Epic debatingness}
-Carpal Tunnel Syndrome [60G] Achieved by Hells_Mad_Camper {Type a huge list of bannage)
-You'll Learn Again [20G] Achieved by doompig444 {Suggested by HMC, act "convincingly" like a person with ----}
-Drama Queen [20G] Achieved by doompig444 and NeiaG {Participate in the short-lived argument thread in HMC's forum}=Male variant
-Drama King [20G] Achieved by HMC {Participate in the short-lived argument thread in HMC's forum}=Female variant

Last edited by doompig444 on Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:40 pm; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://doompig444.spaces.live.com
Super-duper Slipper Man
RMT Webmaster
RMT Webmaster
Super-duper Slipper Man

Male Number of posts : 337
Member Leetness : 193854

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Forum Achievements!   Introducing Forum Achievements! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 1:59 pm

Ok. WHEN were you able to give yourself an achievement?
Back to top Go down
http://rmt-zap.omgforum.net
Noxstant
RMT Advanced Developer
RMT Advanced Developer
Noxstant

Male Number of posts : 433
Position : Physicist/ Programmer
Humor : Why don't you humor yourself?
Member Leetness : 53
Registration date : 2008-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Forum Achievements!   Introducing Forum Achievements! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 2:49 pm

Quote :
[10G] Achieved by Noxstant. {Provide an inspiring, epic, yet not cheesy and retarded statement that is completely accurate

I assume that was intended to be a compliment.....
Back to top Go down
doompig444
RMT Administrator
RMT Administrator
doompig444

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Forum Achievements!   Introducing Forum Achievements! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 7:28 pm

Zoxin wrote:
Ok. WHEN were you able to give yourself an achievement?
I didn't. Maarten suggested I do so. I'm allowed to when someone else suggests it.

-_-.
Back to top Go down
doompig444
RMT Administrator
RMT Administrator
doompig444

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Forum Achievements!   Introducing Forum Achievements! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 3:22 pm

Well, I have some bad news. The achievement hammer has been stripped from me as well, even though this was my idea.
Back to top Go down
Martini-562
RMT Superior Member
RMT Superior Member
Martini-562

Male Number of posts : 354
Member Leetness : 26
Registration date : 2008-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Forum Achievements!   Introducing Forum Achievements! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 3:24 pm

Well you can still design em, upload em and give me the link so I can put them in my sig
Back to top Go down
Boris
RMT Achievement Hammer
RMT Achievement Hammer
Boris

Male Number of posts : 18
Humor : Achievement puns.
Member Leetness : 0
Registration date : 2008-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Forum Achievements!   Introducing Forum Achievements! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 3:26 pm

Yeah, but it just doesn't feel official anymore when you can't just edit the guy's profile and stick the achievement there.
Back to top Go down
Martini-562
RMT Superior Member
RMT Superior Member
Martini-562

Male Number of posts : 354
Member Leetness : 26
Registration date : 2008-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Forum Achievements!   Introducing Forum Achievements! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 3:26 pm

wow, thats the first Boris post thats NOT written in leet-speak
Back to top Go down
doompig444
RMT Administrator
RMT Administrator
doompig444

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Forum Achievements!   Introducing Forum Achievements! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 7:39 pm

Lol, accident, forgot to log off him. Too lazy to change.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Forum Achievements!   Introducing Forum Achievements! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Introducing Forum Achievements!
Page 1 of 1